2014年10月25日星期六

Response to the Class of October 20th



      In the class of October 20th, we were taught the new type of fiction, which called metafiction. Metafiction, a kind of “fiction in which the author self-consciously alludes to the artificiality or literariness of a work by parodying or departing from novelistic conventions (especially naturalism) and traditional narrative techniques,” which was used to describe the fiction Happy Endings by Dr. J.
       The characters in this story are simply that they are described “superficially”. I agree with the idea that this story is driven by plots. It is different from the character driven story. The author Margaret Atwood revises the plots over and over again in the different sections. Therefore the characters are not three-dimensional as usual as in the common fiction.
       In my opinion, Margaret Atwood utilized the special perspective to describe these different plots with a same ending had implied the deep meaning. I think I am shallow when I first read this fiction; I felt nothing but just knew its format is novel. However, after the discussion in the class, I realized the difference between the character driven story and plots driven story. Moreover, the plots were connected with ending just like the way of hypertext.
     

没有评论:

发表评论