The short film, The Gift, describes an ancient box was delivered
to a master who lived in a luxury house. As Dr. J said, “the box looks
old, but it works new.” The key to open it is human hair, which is very
high-tech. What is in the box? The master answered “unicorn.” This word is a
symbol of unreal and mythical. And it also is a metaphor of rarity. Then the deliveryman escaped from the house
suddenly after killed the master. I think this plot shows the desire of human being. Unfortunately, he met car accident around the
house. Then the robot servant got the box, and he run. Those plots covers a
mysterious veil above the box. I think
it is an evil box that it brings death to people. And the robot realized this box is dangerous, so he throw it into river. In our class discussion,
other classmates said, “the ending is a new beginning.” And I agree with this
point. The short film has an open type ending so that audience will image the
fate of the little boy. After I have watched this film, I think the title The Gift is ironic. There is no gift
will bring death and misfortune to people. And the box is magical, so I am attracted. Moreover, the film is short but meaningful so
that we have enough space to think about it. And I think this film is worth to watch over and over again for digesting.

没有评论:
发表评论